Celebrate America Recycles Day On November 15
Posted November 7, 2019
America Recycles Day falls on November 15 each year! In an effort to keep America beautiful, it’s important to recycle what you can, as often as you can. This day is the only nationally recognized day that encourages, educates and motivates Americans to recycle and/or purchase recycled goods.
You can celebrate by organizing or attending a recycling event.
Here are some other things to consider on America Recycles Day:
- Stop throwing away old clothing. Donate gently used clothing to second hand stores, or find a local clothing recycler.
- Avoid plastic bags by investing in reusable bags. Additionally, make the effort to bring the excess plastic bags you have at home back to local retailers that have plastic bag recycling programs.
- Understand what can and cannot be recycled.
- Teach your kids about recycling. Encourage them to do so at school.
- Take this pledge and find out what more you can do to help others recycle too.