This year, all TRC/HARDI wholesale members are enrolled in the annual Banish Mercury Off the Planet (BMOP) contest, there is no need to sign up. The competition runs May 1st through October 31st.
BMOP encourages HARDI members to promote TRC’s mercury thermostat collection program at their branches. All you need to do is return your recycling container filled with mercury thermostats during the competition time period like you usually do. It’s that simple!
To accommodate distributors of all sizes, three winning wholesalers will be determined as follows: the one that recycles the most pounds of mercury overall, the one that recycles the highest average pounds of mercury, and the one with the highest branch participation rate (for distributors with more than 10 locations). Additionally, the top three branch locations that recycle the most will be publicly recognized.
Compete with fellow HARDI members to earn the BANISH MERCURY OFF THE PLANET award and bragging rights.
The top three branch locations that recycle the most pounds of mercury during the competition, regardless of which distributors win the three main awards, will receive public recognition. Three winning wholesalers will be determined as follows (note, the same distributor can only win one category):
- The distributor that recycles the most pounds of mercury overall
- The distributor that recycles the highest average pounds of mercury (total pounds divided by count of branch locations that returned a bin)
- The distributor with the highest participation rate (for distributors with more than 10 locations)
Past winners include:
- 2020: Johnstone Supply, APCO Inc., and Allied Refrigeration
- 2019: Johnstone Supply, Dubuque Supply, and Johnson Supply
- 2018: Johnstone Supply, Meier Supply Company, and Johnson Supply
- 2017: Johnstone Supply, Tower Equipment, and Johnson Supply
- 2016: Johnstone Supply, Gustave Larson, and Auer Steel
- 2015: Auer Steel, Johnson Supply, US Air Conditioning Distributors, and Johnstone Supply
- 2014: Corken Steel Products, Crescent Parts & Equipment, and Johnstone Supply
- 2013: Johnstone Supply
- 2012: Johnson Supply
Competition ends October 31, 2021 and winners will be announced during HARDI’s Annual Conference in December.
Do your part and help us banish mercury off the planet!
Your company must be a HARDI member and must participate in TRC’s program. Please visit the Sign Up page if you do not currently participate in TRC’s program. Questions? Call TRC toll-free at 1-888-266-0550 or Contact Us.
To learn more about mercury recycling, click here.